Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm gonna show those Harleys a few things.

• Please log in to reply

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts

Saddlebags, fringe on the handlebars, gas tank cover, no sissy bar so no bag there...and as far as leather on your body- well, it may be warm there, but I would expect road rash looks the same as it does here. I have seen some unintentionally distressed leather, and some nasty looking skin from not having protection. Your lady (the one who has to perch on that tiny p-pad) would not only be styling, she'd be protected a little, in case some idiot makes you lay that bike down. If that happens, I pity the poor soul that makes you wreck if you can stand up afterwards. You do have a pretty bike. What does gas cost in Thailand? Here in the US, if the weather's good, a bike is the most economical way to get around where there is no public transport.
Best regards,
Johanna

Hey Jo,

Petrol (gas) in Thailand is very cheap. As for fringes and bags, no thanks, don't like them, I just like the pure machine.

My wife refuses to get on the bike, she prefers the car or her little Japanese hair dryer (100cc Yamaha).

I know all the reasons for wearing leather against road rash, but there is something nice about Jeans and Tee shirt. The roads are good in Thailand, except the occasional pot hole and stray dog, but the pipes on this machine are loud and warn everone / thing that I'm coming. I also have 110 decibel air horns which sound like a big truck just to make the stray dogs and taxis think twice.

Used to just wear shorts and flip flops, until I burnt my leg on the exhaust one time! Got to be more careful now, maybe leather anklets would be the thing :whistling:

All the best,
RatHat

Advertisements