Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe download problems

• Please log in to reply

Beverly5174

Beverly5174

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello...!! Finally proceeding with Keith's suggestions...

I have done everything up to: sfc/scannow

The file cannot be found in the hard drive or on the XP CD...

Now what???

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It needs to be sfc space /scannow to give sfc /scannow

Beverly5174

Beverly5174

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi again... Thanks for all your help! I redid all and still have the problem.

Have no idea why I can't open a pdf file. Have tried to delete the Adobe Reader 7 and cannot. Have tried to download Adobe Reader 8 and come up with error 1714. "Older version of Adobe Reader 8 cannot be removed. Contact your Technical support group."

Was referred to a solution using the MSICuu2 utility but decided against it because of the warning: "Files and other registry entries for the application are not removed by this utility and cause cause inadvertent effects on the system if not removed. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs that use MSI (Microsoft installer). Caution is advised."

Well!!! Not me! I certainly am not going there! Things are bad enough as they are! LOL

Back to square one, but that's ok for now. All the hours invested in trying to fix it so far now needto be directed towards studying for an upcoming class.

Thanks for your patience in dealing with me.

Edited by Beverly5174, 13 February 2007 - 12:34 AM.