Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

going wireless, recomendations?

• Please log in to reply

garretbcripe

garretbcripe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey all-

Considering getting rid of my stock keyboard/mouse system. I've heard good things about bluetooth combos, and some other wireless setups as well. Remarks, recommendations, and concerns?

Thanks all,
Garret

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
My daughter recently bought me a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard/calculator kit. It works flawlessly and certainly looks more modern in siver-black than my old beige-coloured kb.

However, I do have one gripe. I still have to plug my old PS2 kb in if I want to get into the BIOS settings or re-install XP from the Microsoft CD, as wireless devices don't work until Windows is up and running. Not something you need to do often I admit, but it does mean you have to store your PS2 kb somewhere safe and don't get rid of it, otherwise your well stuffed.

Edited by pip22, 09 February 2007 - 06:55 AM.

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hey pip22,

I'm not sure if you have tried turning on your Legacy USB Keyboard settings in your BIOS. If you do that, Wireless & USB keyboards should work for going into the BIOS and others. For my computer it works great since I have have dual boot Vista & Fedora