Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you tell me if I have a hardware problem?

• Please log in to reply

ClickCardo

ClickCardo

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I've reinstalled Windows XP Pro twice on my Raptor successfully initially only to come to a disk read error after adding enough software where I cannot even boot. At that point I run extended diagnostics and find no errors. Same with memtest-86. I put all the gory details in the 2 attached text files. I put this all in the Malware forum thinking this is spyware problem of some sort. They won't touch it and tell me to come here.

Can somebody tell me what hardware problem I have or else tell the Malware forum people to really look at my situation?

Thanks
CC

Attached Files

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Despite your tests, I'm still inclined to think a new disk or new RAM would cure your problem. Diagnostic tools aren't infallible, one way or the other.

ClickCardo

ClickCardo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Despite your tests, I'm still inclined to think a new disk or new RAM would cure your problem. Diagnostic tools aren't infallible, one way or the other.

Yes new hardware might cure it, but I do not want to pay for it since it's all under warranty. To get my system builder to honor that I have to prove to him which piece of hardware it is. I do have a 2 sticks of RAM and a HDD I could spare temporarily to test out your theory. What process and sequence do you suggest I follow keeping in mind I want to end up with a working 150 GB Raptor as my boot drive again and not recreate my system on the "spare" test drive?