Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

picture viewer

• Please log in to reply

ronnie

ronnie

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I’m running win XP, Microsoft paint Vs 5.1.
When I open a photo it defaults to paint and opens oversize for the screen. I cannot find a way to reduce the size to just fill the screen.
The Zoom only allows you to enlarge. Any way to reduce the size? :whistling:
Ronnie

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I haven't found a way to scale down a photo to the display window in Paint.

However, I have found another graphics program (freeware) that I much prefer using. It's called XnView and you can download it here.

Of course, in Windows XP, you also have Picture and Fax Viewer. If you want to use that program instead, right click the photo, choose Open With, Choose Program. When the list opens click on Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer and be sure to check "Always Use the Selected Program". This isn't for editing, only viewing and printing. So it may not be what you need.