Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keep On Randomly Freezing

• Please log in to reply

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello all... well...

this morning wen i woke up i turned on my computer, and everything was great.. i got a pop-up from Windows Defender saying its recommended to scan, cuz i havnt scanned in 3 days.. so i did that .. and usually i can still chat on msn, and surf the web... wen it was still scanning.. Everything just froze.. my taskbar was UNclickable.. i couldnt open up and tabs, or new windows.. and i couldnt even open up my windows task manager (Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete).

I thought it would just be normal for doing a scan, so i restarted.. and everything goes well, but after like 45 mins or surfing or talking on msn... everything will randomly freeze and everything is locked...

But i can still move my cursor... just clikc on anything... My father is getting very mad, because ive been screwing up his computer alot latly.

If any of ou could help me out that would be great.. id appreciate it ALOT!!!

well i hope there is not a serious problem, and its spyware or somthin..

heres a pic i took of my "Security task Manager" and "Windows Task Manager"

can u tell me wut is good program and wut is unwanted in this pic?

Posted Image

http://i18.tinypic.com/48pwk78.jpg

thnx

Plz respong ASAP, i need to get this figured out soon lol :whistling::):blink: thanks

have a nice day all!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I see your using lime wire
that could account for a slow computer

but you could run a cleaner on your computer

this is a nice one

http://filehippo.com...nload_ccleaner/

after which you can defragment your hard drive

from start all programs
accessories
system tools
disk defragmenter
click defragment and let it run
music files can slow computer down
thats why its neccessary to defragment the harddrive

then restart your computer

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

hopefully you have this resolved by now, however if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

do not post to this tread, post hjt logs to malware forum..as i am still in training and cannot help you.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1

Edited by xxx1, 09 February 2007 - 06:39 PM.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
OK, i appreciate your help alot... i just ran the cleaner and im running the defrager.

Also another problem could be im being hack...

ok last night my friend decided to spam som forums, and then he used proxy, so they couldnt bust him, but i didnt use proxy.. i just went on and watched them spam with my IP wide open... No admins were on at the time, and i didnt make a accont.. i just wacthed them,,, im affraid they got my IP and can hack my computer

I am using Nod32 for my virus scanner... (ill run it soon), and i have windows Firewall ON...

also i have a Linksys Wireless router,, i think there is firwall in it...

but im still scared they could do somthin with my ip...

so is there a EASY way to change my ip threw the Dos or CMD??

and also is there a program that hides my ip from any websites?? without me having to go on a proxy server??.. cuz i dont wanna risk this again

thanks alot

i appreciate it :whistling:

Have a nice day

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hiya,

I was looking to what you showed in the pictures and I really don't like the {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} I noticed in the Security Task Manager.

I would recommend going over to Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Goes Here section. Read the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and if need be, post a your log. They can help you there if you have any spyware in your computer.

I would say try running Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE, making sure you updated the definitions and do perform a "Full System Scan" (You can select this in the window after hitting Next before hitting Start). See if it comes up with anything and if it solves the problem before heading over to what I mentioned above.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello, yea was also curious about that 7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045 thing... it says t could be harmful... so im gunna finish my defragment, and do som virus/ adware/ spyware scans...

and see wut they get

also.. is t safe to do ALL my Adware/ Spyware and My 1 virus scanners at one time??

thanks

have a nice day :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Yea thats a browsre helper but its a bad one
so post a highjack log in the malware forum

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
and this malware is not alone

first you go here
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

then download highjack program
http://filehippo.com...oad_hijackthis/

and post it here in the malware forum
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

Edited by rushin1nd, 09 February 2007 - 05:20 PM.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
well i deleted that file from hjackthis... and my computer is running great.. thanks yall

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
glad to hear you have it finally sorted, your welcome.

cheers...xxx1