Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Non-Stop Beep From Speakers

• Please log in to reply

eleasias

eleasias

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey Folks,
Ok, so I replaced my MOBO, CPU and ram recently, with the ASUS M2R32-MVP, an AMD X2 4600+(AM2), and 2GB of OCZ ram. I reinstalled windows, and got all my drivers and stuff working and updates, updated my BIOS, and everything was working fine. My speaker drivers are updated as well. Now, I will be playing a game, and everything is fine, but then all of a sudden I lose ALL sound, and instead all i hear from my speakers is a non-stop high pitched beeping sound. I have to restart my computer to get it to go away, and it seems to be happening daily. There is nothign wrong with my speakers, they are brand new. Also, when I get this beeping sound, and I try to watch videos, the video will play for a few seconds, then freeze. The only way to fix this is to, again, restart the computer. I really want to get this figured, so if anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks so much guys. Hope to hear from you soon.

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
how long is the computer running before this happens? do you know what temp your pc(or mac) is running at idle and tasks?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Download speedfan to check temps with. I would also run Memtest86 to check your memory. A steady long beep from the system speaker is usually a memory problem.

SRX660

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Just for clarification, is the sound coming from your actual speakers, or does it sound like it's coming literally out of the computer (like the beep when you hold too many buttons down at once).

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
No, the sound is coming from my actual speakers, not the internal Tower speaker.

solaris

solaris

• Pip
  • 7 posts

No, the sound is coming from my actual speakers, not the internal Tower speaker.

this is not the problem of ur extarnal speekers this problem is internal with ur pc just check that RAM and ur VGA card :whistling:

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
try reinstalling your sound cards(or integrated) drivers

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ok, like i said, I have reinstalled and updates my speaker drivers, and the speakers are brand new.

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Also, to add to that, even if it was my sound card drivers, why would that cause problems with my Video,and cause the video to stop playing?

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Oh, to add to that, I have also had the problem twice now that my keyboard and mouse completely stop responding while playing a game. They ARE wireless, but they are brand new batteries, and when I try to reconnect the signal, it does right away, but they still dont respond. The mouse wont move, none of the keys work, etc. If someone can figure out what is wrong with my computer, I'll be forever grateful. PLEASE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY!!! Thanks folks.

Advertisements

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Just wondering if someone is going to help me with this problem? I really need to figure out what is wrong with my computer. it is still happening.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I would follow SRX's suggestion in post #3. It sounds to me like you have one internal problem that was causing multiple odd issues. I had a simular situation once and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM.

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Yeah, I tried those things. The thing now, is that I have removed my sound card from its PCI slot, and I am now using the onboard audio. The problem is gone, and now I need to figure out if it is a problem with my Sound card, or the PCI slots on my mobo (i tried the sound card in more than one PCI slot). Is it common for PCI slots to fail? it is a brand new motherboard afterall. Ok, thanks for any help again guys.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have never heard of a PCI slot failing but I'm sure that it happens. Did you have the latest drivers for your sound card? Did you get rid of the onboard sound drivers before you installed the sound card drivers? Do you have a friend with a computer that you can try the sound card in?

Luckily a PCI expansion card is one of the easiest things to identify as being bad because it is so easy to swap it in and out. I think there is a good chance that it was a driver issue and not faulty hardware.

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
well, I fyou bothered to read the rest of the thread, you would see that my drivers were up to date, I stated that several times. So therefore, is is PROBABLY a hardware issue. My only option left is to try it in another computer, but the fact that this high-pitched beeping sound occurs randomly will make it difficult to determine when it will happen. I guess I'll have to leave the card in with sound going until something happens.