Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Lockdown

• Please log in to reply

Dawkins

Dawkins

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have downloaded Firefox, it will not load the home page. I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 7.0, now that won't work on any page. I could access the Internet on IE before I upgraded, but now it will not work at all. Also, I am currentally on AOL (Broadband) I still am suffering some other problems: I cannot access a site on anything that requires a password, [MSN mail, mail.aol, Cox mail, ACT sites] But others do work, [Addicting Games, Google, Myspace (cannot log in) Neoseeker] How do I get my computer to allow Firefox and Internet Explorer 7.0 to run?

For person-to-person:
AIM-lsxdark

Edited by Dawkins, 09 February 2007 - 09:28 PM.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi Dawkins and welcome to g2g,

what security software are you running? personal firewalls are one of the largest causes of this.

Go to safe mode with network. Start / Run /open=msconfig. Click the Boot.ini tab and select safe boot then click Network next to safe boot. Click OK and restart. See if you can surf and access secure sites.

Dawkins

Dawkins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran my computer in the safty mode last night, and the only thing that came of it was I couldn't run my computer at all, so I used system restore to fix that. Also, the only protection I have is AVG anti-virus.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hopefully you have this resolved by now, however if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1