Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diagent

• Please log in to reply

camp4x4

camp4x4

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When starting my Windows XP Pro computer, I get Two (2) DIAGENT error windows at the end of bootup which read,

"Cannot Load Resource Library" and "Releasing Of Resource Library Failed"

At this point I select OK for both error windows and they close and I am able to go about my business without any trouble.

Could someone please help me? Thank You!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Since DIAGENT.EXE is not essential for Windows to run, that's why you are (fortunately) able to "go about my business without any trouble").

It's a quick-access tool which is supposed to sit in your system-tray, allowing you quickly to get at the settings for your Creative sound card.

This is the general verdict on it:

"diagent.exe is a system tray shortcut which gives easy access to the Creative SoundBlaster's configurations. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference."

Removing it as a startup item will suppress the startup errors.
easiest way is to download "Startup Control Panel" from here:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

download the "exe" version of it.
double-click the downloaded file.
Look under all the tabs till you see reference to 'diagent.exe'
UNtick it's tick-box.
Close Startup control panel.
Reboot.

Edited by pip22, 11 February 2007 - 01:55 AM.