Maybe you need to delete the older versions first.
Lets see if this is of any use.... Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash
Now, you should see quite a few .ocx
files named FlashX.ocx
(X standing for a number there).
Delete ALL the .ocx files EXCEPT for Flash9b.ocx
. Empty recycle bin. Try YouTube again,, still showing an error?
If you're uncertain about what you should delete, please post another screenshot from the Flash folder.
Oh and you'll also want to update Java, this has nothing do with your issue but seeing you have an outdated version.....Updating Java and Clearing Cache
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Software icon > Add/Remove Programs.
- Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )
It should have next icon next to it:
Select it and click Remove. (Remove all the current versions you have)
- After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Delete Files button.
- There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave ALL 3 CheckedDownloaded Applets
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.