Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win98PC can no longer see network

• Please log in to reply

johngie

johngie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have a wired network, using a Linksys AG241 router. A Toshiba laptop PC (Win98) had been regularly connected and worked perfectly, "seen" by the other PC running XP. The Win98 PC was replaced by a new laptop running XP - that set up on the network perfectly.
Then I needed to connect the old Toshiba laptop for a while. However while it can connect to the internet via the router, can see the other two PC's and use their resources, it can no longer be seen by the rest of the network. 'Search for Computer' on either of the other PC's does not find it. Its name and workgroup (Mshome) haven't changed.
Since I've changed nothing on the Toshiba since it was last successfully networked, have I overlooked something obvious?

Advertisements

johngie

johngie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Found out what it was. File and Printer Sharing were not enabled :whistling:

Don't remember changing this - the Wonder of Windows perhaps!