Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burning Issues

• Please log in to reply

Helpless1

Helpless1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Everytime I try to burn a CD it will say it has completed. However, when I play the audio CD it will skip around track 3 or 4. Also, when I'm trying to burn a data CD it won't even complete itself. It just says that it won't work.

I have tried Verbatim, Memorex, Sony, and some nameless type of CD that's blank I borrowed from a friend.

Is it burner or... something else? Anyway I can fix this?

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,378 posts
what burn program are you using

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Try Nero Burning Rom or Windows XP has a built in burning program or uses Windows Media Player for audio :tazz:

Helpless1

Helpless1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I use this RecordNow thing that came with my computer or Windows Media Player. They've both always worked well.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,378 posts
do you have the option to verify after a burn?

Helpless1

Helpless1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I can't say that I do or have ever had the option to "verify a burn". In the past it simply says complete, I take the CD out, it works.

Well, now it says complete and doesn't work.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
well with audio it doesnt matter if u use win media player or nero because they are the same media player just uses a nero plugin, from first impressions id say the possibility of a faulty burner should not be ruled out but u have check the quality of the media u r putting on and u are using the software provided with the cd burning device and also check that the cd burner is set as the master of the secondary channel as this can lead to some bizare things if no.

james