Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 doesn't finish scan

• Please log in to reply

Ruriko

Ruriko

• Pip
  • 8 posts
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 doesn't finish scanning. I let it scan for awhile and like after 50mintues the program closes by itself. I tried to scan again and it happened again at +50mins. Why is it doing that?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Could be a corrupted file or folder on C: drive.

Start by cleaning all unnecessary junk files with "Ccleaner" available here:
http://www.ccleaner.com/

Now check your hard drive for file/system errors by running the disk checking tool: Open My Computer and right click on Local Disk C: selecting Properties.
Click the Tools tab and in the Error Checking area click the "Check now" button and tick both options.
It will tell you that it can't test the drive right now and it will ask if you want to schedule it for the next system startup... select Yes.
Now restart your computer so that it can check the drive.

If that allows Anti-Spyware to complete, I would in future run 'Ccleaner' first before running Anti-Spyware. spyware components often lurk in your 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'cookies' so it makes sense to delete them all with 'Ccleaner' on a regular basis anyway, prior to running a spyware scan. This also means the spyware scan will also have less files to scan through.

Edited by pip22, 11 February 2007 - 08:17 AM.

Ruriko

Ruriko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It didn't work it still closes by itself =[

Edited by Ruriko, 13 February 2007 - 05:05 AM.