Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox and Yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply

sydt

sydt

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello;

I've been having a problem getting Firefox to open login.yahoo.com. It keeps saying the site is blocked. However,when I set Firefox to accept cookies it automatically re blocks the cookie.

I am able to access Yahoo otherwise and have even tried toggling off Zonealarm in case it was a firewall issue.
Can anyone tell me how to unblock this or tell me what dumb thing I'm doing ? Thank you

Sydt

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might be a stupid question, but did you check under the cookies Exceptions and see if it's on the list to be Allowed/Block?. Sometimes toggling off ZoneAlarm and have it effective requires a reboot. I really don't think ZA is the problem though.

Ron

sydt

sydt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi Ron;

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I check in the exceptions list, it is indeed blocked. However, when I try to allow the cookie to be set and check back, it is automatically reset to be blocked. I'm just not sure why or how it does that. That's the rub!

Syd

sydt

sydt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
OK, I got it now, Ron.

I just restarted session and allowed changes to take place. It didn't work before, but now it has. Must have been you :whistling:

Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
:whistling: Glad it's working for you now. Thanks for using G2G.

Ron