Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erasing ip addresses

• Please log in to reply

Jim4825

Jim4825

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am trying to erase ip addresses that show up in the address line whenever I type in a letter of the alphabet. I have gone through the steps thru the tools options and have even tried to erase them going thru internet option>content>autocomplete, but that option does not seem to work. It will sit and do nothing and then become unresponsive. I want to erase these addresses as they point to some adult sites that were looked at in error by my son.

Any suggestions? :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try the General tab in Internet Options and select the Delete button. Then delete History and Temporary Internet Files.

Ron

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts

I am trying to erase ip addresses that show up in the address line whenever I type in a letter of the alphabet. I have gone through the steps thru the tools options and have even tried to erase them going thru internet option>content>autocomplete, but that option does not seem to work. It will sit and do nothing and then become unresponsive. I want to erase these addresses as they point to some adult sites that were looked at in error by my son.

Any suggestions? :whistling:

You may have more issues than trying to remove IP address's, I would recomend you start with the following:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_Must_Read_This_Before_Posting_A_Hijackthis_Log-t2852.html

If that does not clear up your issues, you will want to post a HijackThis log in this forum for somebody to review.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
If you cant be helpful, do not post.

ScHwErV :whistling:

Jim4825

Jim4825

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have tried several different suggestions here, but the unwanted address lines still remain. If I start an address in the address line with a letter of the alphabet (say, s), I still get a few address lines that show up. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks to all who have helped me and anyone else who can offer some assistance.