Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fromat:/C

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Is there a opition anywhere about loading BIOS defaults?

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Here are some instructions on how-to set defaults.

http://h10025.www1.h...efault_settings

Allocation

Allocation

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well, I've just been through the BIOS and everything and SMART is disabled, and we can't enable it. So here is the pic of what I get after clicking "Format" again, on my C drive. I can't move the arrow keys over it or anything.:s

Posted Image

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Well try setting the defaults in the BIOS. I want to try to get the bios to recognize the cd at boot.

Allocation

Allocation

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ok! by a miracle, I'm in the recovery console, I got the admin password it was nothing so I pressed "Enter" and it says C:/Windows now what do I do?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
ok great!

Run the chkdsk in my earlier post.

Edited by ultimateslacker2, 11 February 2007 - 09:28 PM.

Allocation

Allocation

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
It's on 56% should be done in a while, I'll let you know if it found any errors or anything, and if it doesn't, we'll go from there on how to format C:?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah. Can we continue tomorrow mid-day? I have to hit the hay and I wont be back till around 4-7P.M. Eastern time.

Have a good night :whistling: Will be looking forward to finish tomorrow

Edited by ultimateslacker2, 11 February 2007 - 10:04 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Pardon me for interrupting, but it seems like you are trying to format C from within Windows, and you can't do that, because that is the primary OS on the system. You have to boot from the XP cd, then delete partitions (you can create new ones afterwards) and let XP install. It shouldn't matter whether you uninstall SP2- but because your XP CD doesn't include it, when you are done with the format and reinstall, make sure you visit the MS update page and download and install it again. I didn't look up your motherboard, but a lot of systems allow you to change BIOS settings (so you can boot from the CD) by pressing "delete" at boot.
HTH
Johanna