Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless with only 1 Phone socket....

• Please log in to reply

henderj66

henderj66

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi there

I currently live in a house with only 1 BT socket to the outside world (don't blame me, I just bought the place, doh!)

Anyway, I have my external land line, 2 sky boxes (multi room don't you know) and hard wired broadband internent connected. These are all hanging off various adaptors and splitters to the single BT socket. Tried to set up free wireless option from Orange Livebox (I know!!) and guess what....every time I try to connect, the signal either fails or does not recogonise the network. Also, when the phone line rings and I am still on line, no issues when call is answered but when call disconnected, all connections to broadband drop off and reconnect manually after 2-3 mins.

Have great laptop on order but no point until wireless issues resolved

Help please

Hendo

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Simplify the setup. Replace the filter. Unplug everything from the phone line for a short while bar your phone and broadband. (never mind what Sky say about permanent connection to the line, its not like the box phones home every five minutes). See what happens after that.