Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PunkBuster problems

• Please log in to reply

Anon2G7

Anon2G7

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Kay. Whenever I join a game on Battlefield 2142, about 10 - 15 seconds later, I get kicked. A pop-up appears, saying "PunkBuster", saying nothing else. Could somebody help me with this problem? I do not cheat. I have gotten all the updates for PunkBuster. Please advise? Are there any updates I am not aware of?

Edited by Anon2G7, 12 February 2007 - 11:28 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you have pb enabled correct? did you use pbsetup.exe to update punkbuster. Also have you installed the 1.1 patch?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have found that low FPS can cause your computer to not send PB information in time. If you have checked that you have installed that patch and there is still a problem I would suggest turning down the graphics settings for online play.

Anon2G7

Anon2G7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I do have PB enabled. I did use pbsetup.exe to update PunkBuster. I have installed the 1.10 patch. Also, I tried setting my video settings all to low, but PunkBuster still kicked me out.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well, I can only recommend that your reboot your pc, modem and router and then try again and see what happens. also you can try playing on my server: 75.126.64.211. It's generally populated in the later afternoon/evenings EST.

If you play on my server and get kicked please let me know when you were on. I can go look at the logs and see whats up.

Anon2G7

Anon2G7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How do you connect servers using the numbers? :whistling: