Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 BSOD.....please help me

• Please log in to reply

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
It started a couple of weeks ago with 2 bsod and I didn't think anything of it so I just rebooted my PC. Since this last weekend all my computer would do when booting up is get to the XP screen and reboot. This happened repeatedly so I took it to my school PC tech and he told me he checked all the HW and couldn't find anything wrong and it was the OS. So when I got home, I used the repair option on the Xp cd and finally got back to my desktop so I thought all was well and good.

That was Thursday, since then the following has happened, "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new HW or SW is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your HW or SW manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable any new HW or SW. Disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options and then slect safe mode."

Technical info Stop: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8218d530, 0x8218d6a4, 0x805d1140)

Should I do as it says to do or can I wait for more tech help from the forum on what could be causing this issue? Can I please get some help with this issue from more experienced people who may have dealt with this problem before? I would greatly appreciate it.

I just booted my PC to get back to the desktop. I then left the room for a half hour and came back to the following message without touching my pc, ""cliet MAC addr: 00 17 76 5a ed dd guid: 2f43329b cea3 11da9943 0012febb946pxe-e53: no boot filename received.

PXe-m0f: exiting intel boot agent. No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key"

I did that and I came back with the same error so I booted pc back to normal."

Now today, I just got the following error"Here's the info ""a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new HW or SW is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your HW or SW manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable any new HW or SW. Disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options and then slect safe mode."

Technical info Stop: 0x0000007a (0xc07c1720, 0x0000000E, 0xf82e4384, 0x1c5fb860)

Should I do as it says to do or can I wait for more tech help from the forum on what could be causing this issue? Can I please get some help with this issue from more experienced people who may have dealt with this problem before? I would greatly appreciate it.

In between my last BSOD's I have completely re-installed windows XP. If any of you guys have any suspicions would you say this is OS or HW related, please?

Please help me out on what is causing this. I appreciate any help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In system restore, have you got a system checkpoint made just after the repair, or after Microsoft Updates which need to be re-installed

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

In system restore, have you got a system checkpoint made just after the repair, or after Microsoft Updates which need to be re-installed

Not sure what you mean about checkpoint but are you saying I need updates re-installed?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
XP repair removes the updates

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

You could run this first

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

If you do not have an XP CD and are unable to borrow one, run the scan, click skip if it asks for the CD, if it keeps asking, click cancel.

If it kept asking for the XP CD then system files are missing

Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Download and install Tune Up 2007 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Tried installing the very 1st thing on this list but received the following BSOD error 0xooooo77 (0xc000000e, 0xc000000e, 0x00000000, 0x017f0000)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is that the first update or Tune Up

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I have had both them errors recently, it sounds like you have exactly what i had,

I tried formatting my comp, but that didn't help, i tried everything, until i realised that it was my Harddrive freezeing, what i done in the end, swapped my C: and D: round, so my C: is now my D: and visa versa, this has worked, the comp has sped up and runs flawless.

I think its your HD on its way out! the reason your getting the message when trying to install something is becasue it trying to write large files to the C: drive.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Still worth letting check disk run

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Yeah i agree, lets hope your is solved by that, mine is a mechanical faulty, the head gets stuck, you can hear it trying to move then it pings out and keeps going!

BSOD definitions: http://fleamailman.f...c.php?p=312#312

altho your issue does look more like its a Windows issue (possible caused by HD crashing) the kernel in th OS seems to be the culprit!

Edited by glen_m_32, 12 February 2007 - 11:15 AM.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
My computer is less than a year old. The last BSOD was when I was updating to IE 7 but I just tried again and it worked this time. Should I do the following now "Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot." ????

By the way i only have 1 HDD with 1 partition on my computer.

Edited by Bruinaholic, 12 February 2007 - 11:18 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would

It will take a couple of hours, so if the PC is running, you can run it when you have other things to do

Did you manage to get the others before it to run?

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Ok, my computer finished checking the disk. No what please? Was I suppose to see some output on the results cause i didn't?

Edited by Bruinaholic, 12 February 2007 - 02:50 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did it show progress through 5 steps

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
yes, took less than an hour. now what please? I also used memtest and went through 13 passes with no errors. All windows updates are up-to-date with sp2 installed as well.

Edited by Bruinaholic, 12 February 2007 - 03:14 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Will Tune Up install, if so, run that part