Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 BSOD.....please help me

• Please log in to reply

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I was able to partially d/l this product it left 3 icons on my desktop but 3/4 of the way through my computer BSOD. Should i try running them? All these bsod's I am getting are starting with 0x000007#. # means different numbers or letters. Would this seem to mean there is definitely a problem with the memory?

Couldn't do anything with the icons.

Edited by Bruinaholic, 12 February 2007 - 03:38 PM.

Advertisements

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Can someone please let me know what would cause/most likely cause the following error messages

0x000000f4
0x0000007a
0x00000077
0x0000007a

I forgot to add computer freezes on occasions for no reason and I have to manually reboot PC by powering it off then on.

Edited by Bruinaholic, 12 February 2007 - 04:19 PM.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
As i found out, the smallest of things can cause a BSOD, although WinXP, IMO, is much more stable than older opperatin systems.

as for your BSOD the causes are as follows:

0x000000F4: The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function

0x00000074: The BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO bug check has a value of 0x00000074. This indicates that there is an error in the registry.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 Reserved
2 Reserved
3 Reserved
4 The NT status code (if available)

Cause
This error will occur if the SYSTEM hive is corrupt. However, this cause is unlikely, since the OS Loader or the NTLDR will check a hive for corruption when loading it.

This error can also occur if some critical registry keys and values are not present. This could be the result of someone manually editing the registry.

Resolving the Problem
Try booting by selecting "last known good configuration" in the boot options.

If this does not work, it means the registry damage is too extensive. You will then need to reinstall or use the Emergency Repair Disk.

0x00000077: The KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000077. This indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

Parameters
The four parameters listed in the message can have two possible meanings.

If the first parameter is 0, 1, or 2, the parameters have the following meaning.

Parameter Description
1 0: Indicates that the page was retrieved from page cache.

1: Indicates that the page was retrieved from a disk.

2: Indicates that the page was retrieved from a disk, the storage stack returned SUCCESS, but Status.Information is not equal to PAGE_SIZE.

2 Value actually found in the stack where the signature should be
3 0
4 Address of the signature on the kernel stack

If the first parameter is any other value, the parameters have the following meaning.

Parameter Description
1 Status code
2 I/O status code
3 Page file number
4 Offset into page file

Cause
If the first parameter is 0 or 1, the stack signature in the kernel stack was not found. This error is probably caused by defective hardware, such as a RAM error.

If the first parameter is 2, the driver stack returned an inconsistent status for the read of the page. For example, the driver stack returned a success status even though it did not read the whole page.

If the first parameter is any value other than 0, 1, or 2, then the value is an NTSTATUS error code that is returned by the driver stack after attempting to retrieve the page. The precise cause of this error can be determined from the I/O status code (the second parameter). Some common status codes are:

0xC000009A, or STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES, is caused by lack of nonpaged pool resources. This indicates a driver bug in the storage stack, since the storage stack should always be able to retrieve this data, regardless of software resource availability.
0xC000009C, or STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, is typically due to bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.
0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or the controller not seeing the hard disk.
0xC000016A, or STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED, is typically due to bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.
0xC0000185, or STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR, is caused by improper termination or defective cabling on SCSI devices, or two devices attempting to use the same IRQ.

These codes are the most common ones for which specific causes have been determined. For information about other possible status codes that can be returned, see the file ntstatus.h in the Windows Driver Kit.

This bug check can also be caused by a virus infection.

Resolving the Problem
Resolving a bad block problem: If you can restart the system after the error, Autochk runs automatically and attempts to map the bad sector to prevent it's further use.

If Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, you can manually launch the disk scanner. Run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r.

Warning If your system partition is formatted with the FAT file system, the long filenames used by Windows can be damaged if Scandisk or another MS-DOS-based hard disk tool is used to verify the integrity of your hard disk from MS-DOS. Always use the version of Chkdsk that matches your Windows version.

Resolving a defective hardware problem: If the I/O status is 0xC0000185 and the paging file is on an SCSI disk, the disk cabling and SCSI termination should be checked for problems.

Resolving a failing RAM problem: Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Check that all the adapter cards in the computer are properly seated. Use an ink eraser or an electrical contact treatment, available at electronics supply stores, to ensure adapter card contacts are clean.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve this error.

Make sure that the latest Windows Service Pack is installed.

If the preceding steps fail to resolve the error, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing. A crack, a scratched trace, or a defective component on the motherboard can cause this error.

Resolving a virus infection: You should check your computer for viruses using any up-to-date, commercial virus scanning software that examines the Master Boot Record of the hard disk. All Windows file systems can be infected by viruses.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I knew it wouldn't last I just walked away from my computer for 10 mins and I get the following 0x0000007a (0xc07c1720, 0x000000e, 0xf82e4384, 0x04333860). I appreciate the explainations but with all these errors, can someone maybe pin point it down to what the main issue would be, please? I appreciate any and all help.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Results of Full HD diagnostic test. Can someone please verify that there is a problem with my HD, please. Oh, and please let me know if HD should be replaced.

Thanks all.

SeaTools Desktop v3.02.04
Copyright © 2005 Kroll Ontrack Inc.

2/13/2007 @ 10:29 PM

The following information has been generated by SeaTools Desktop. Use
this information to help you recognize and resolve potential data access
problems.

System Information:
BIOS Date 02/08/06
Conventional Memory size 639 K
Extended Memory size 58532 K
IO Channel type PCI

Drive Information:
SIZE MODEL
--------- ---------------------
80 GB BIOS Drive 0x80

Serial Number = N/A
Int13 Num = 80, PHYS CHS = 0x0x0.
ParmTable CHS, Rsvd = 9729x255x63

PARTITION CYLINDER SIZE
---------- ------------ ----
# Type Start End MB
PRIMARY
1 NTFS 0 9727 80020

Diagnostic Results:

Full Diagnostic Scan Result: Passed

File Structure Test Result:

Partition 1 (NTFS (80 GB) ) Result: Failed with critical Errors

The following errors were found while scanning the volume:
- One or more errors were found in metadata file records

NOTE: Any report of possible errors in the file system tests are for
informational purposes only. We suggest you should consider testing with
the official file system diagnostic utilities for your operating system.
Seagate is not able to assist with troubleshooting or reviewing
file system test results.

Recommendation:
All selected physical diagnostics passed.

If you are not experiencing data loss and SeaTools reports File
System Structure errors, they may be caused by a lock-up or
failure to shutdown Windows correctly. Many times, these errors
may be repaired through normal system maintenance which
includes using the Windows provided "Defrag" and
"Scandisk / Chkdsk / Error Checking" utilities.

If you are experiencing a hardware error, you should isolate
the cause and replace the failing component. If you are unsure how
to proceed with repairs, contact a computer professional. After
completing any maintenance tasks, run SeaTools again to
verify that all errors have been repaired. If errors continue to
occur, the system may not be stable. Again, contact a computer
professional.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Ok, I ran chkdsk /r and it fixed 1 or more errors on the volume. Should I assume I will no longer see any BSOD's and my HD is fine now? If I do get more BSOD's should i believe there are problems with my HD and it needs to be replaced? Please let me know.

thanks for the help.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Left computer alone for 20 minutes returned to

stop 0x000000f4, (0x00000003, 0x81eddcd0, 0x81edde44, 0x805d140), I have to assume there are HD issues wouldn't you?

Advertisements

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Let me ask this do we all agree that this is at least a HW problem? Others feel free to respond as well.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Could i get a reply to my last question, please?

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Do you believe the person who originally looked at my pc and said there was nothing wrong with it finally agreed it needed a new HDD.