Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Xplorer 7

• Please log in to reply

Joker Boy

Joker Boy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
So I downloaded IE 7 the other day (I usually use FireFox, its the bomb) and I tried to play this game and i would get all the way past the "play game" then "high detail/low detail" then "world select" but when it got to the page with the actual game in it (JAVA APPLET!) it closed the application.

IE 7 just closed itself. No warnings, no slow white screens with reaaaallly obnoxious loading times, it just closed. Thats it.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Welcome to the world of IE 7. :whistling: Check and see if Scripting of Java Applets box is checked in Internet Options. Under Security tab.

Ron

Joker Boy

Joker Boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted Image

when i click on Sun Java Console, the application closes again =\

I have set all the settings to what you mentioned, though nothing has really changed. I have restarted IE 7, not my computer though. It just doesn't seem to work...

Joker Boy

Joker Boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello? Anybody there?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Have you got the latest Java updates?

Ron

Joker Boy

Joker Boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thats okay, just making sure that you didn't leave me. I believe so, how do I manually download it if the balloon doesn't pop up?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The link I gave you has all the information you need, but the actual download page is here. You will be downloading Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 11. You might also clear your cache & temporary internet files folder if you haven't already done so..

Ron