Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

COD SOF2 problem

• Please log in to reply

needhelpcan'tplay

needhelpcan'tplay

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I can't play sof2 or cod anymore because when I go to multi player and click refresh servers I will see the new servers come.I then click one and It wont let me in no matter how long I wait.So I click cancel and then go back and refresh and no new server will ever come up again.

This has been going on for 3 months now and before that both games always worked.

Both of the single player versions work and if I try and start my own server and it is just me it works fine.It is because I am not with the interent.

I really don't think it is a firewall because 6 months ago and back it worked fine and I did not adjust anything weird.

Any help any of you can give would be great.

Advertisements

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi

You didn't say what's your connection speed. I have a similar problem- I have a 56K Internet. Are you sure you don't have any Internet Antiviruses? Did you check your Microsoft Firewall? (To Disable it- Go into "Internet Connection", located in your control panel, select your connection, and switch the tabs until you see a note about the firewall. Deselect the checkbox). Where are you conncted? To an ISP or to a corpate LAN or, in simple words, net, (like connecting to your father's company :tazz: ;) )

Reply, and I'll try to answer.

Regards from Israel!

israel_guy

needhelpcan'tplay

needhelpcan'tplay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have dsl and I tried with the firewall before and that did not fix it.I think to a ISP I don't share my connection with anyone.

I have e-mailed activision and they have not answered it is really weird.

Like the first time I click refresh with both it really does refresh to the new servers.It is just I click them and nothing happens and my coumputer for at least a year would play both anytime.

The other thing that is weird is that no one else seems to have this problem and I am 99% sure I have no virus.I just deleted my whole computer and I had the probelm before i deleted it.

If you need any info that you think could help you help me please ask.

Thanks for your help do you really live in Israel.

Dan

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Lets start with the following:

Very Important new about the PATCH:

There are actually 2 patches you must apply or things will go very wrong for you.

COD v1.5 patch must be applied FIRST
http://www.maps-n-mo...p=getit&lid=763

then

COD:UO v1.51 patch must be applied
http://www.maps-n-mo...p=getit&lid=764

Yes you must apply both patches or you will have some major issues.

also:

This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

This should solve your problem. If it doesn't let me know.

Thanks,
Starjax

needhelpcan'tplay

needhelpcan'tplay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I deleted both games and just put cod back on.I put on the first patch and then tried the other.It wouldn't let me since I don't own UO.

As for the punkbuster part I did not do that.Not fully sure I get how to do it.

So it was no different and it makes sense I had this problem after the patch came out and not before.

Why is the games server not working for me.To me the multi is the best part of the game.Why does it happen in solider of fortune 2 as well?

This really sucks and both are great games it is really sad I can't play them.

If you think you know why or what I can do please help. ;) :tazz:

Dan

needhelpcan'tplay

needhelpcan'tplay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I did all that you said and It still wont work.I made sure to put it in right folder.What do I do now?

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I can offer help with sof2

Install a fresh copy of the game, if the game is on your pc, remove all the files and remove it from "add remove programgs also"

The reason being is because we can start fresh and ill talk you through it.

Install the game, if you have Double Helix then go to this link below

www.lostclan.co.uk
- go to downloads
- then sof2
- you will see the patch

if that doesnt work go to this link

http://go.download.f...c7b930b09fa6445

Install

Then go to this link and download this http://www.clanbase....dl.php?did=1192

Download. extract, put the osp folder into your main sof2 directory.

run your game.

When the game is loaded. bring down the console and type the following commands in 1 by 1

/rate 15000
/com_maxfps 330

ok

now i wanted to test the mod i got you to download and test it with a working server.

incase i have a password on my server at the time type in console

/password cbwar

then type

/connect 195.242.236.135:20010
then hit enter.

If this fails try this server

/connect 82.165.162.119:20200

if at anystage it says that "server is for low pings only" just try leaving it at awaiting

bring down console type /reconnect
and keeping hitting up and enter until it lets you in.

Thats all for know. let me know how you get on