Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dual core processor

• Please log in to reply

sickperson

sickperson

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hi!i wanted to buy a dual core processor for my pc.i m confused between-
-intel pentium d 925 3.0ghz dual core
-intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz
which one would u suggest to go for ? :whistling:

Advertisements

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
i would recommend the duo! this is the new model that intel are using! i have never had any experience with dual core, but on techno journeys i have heard the duo is much better that the pentium D!

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
The Core 2 Duo would wipe teh floor with the Pentium D CPU by far

but i would suggest getting a higher level of core 2 only because that model is the entry level normally people say the E6600 has the best price/performance ratio of any of the models but if you are not gaming or DVD editing then i would say that the E6300 would be fine.

What are you using the computer for???
this will determine what CPU you would get.

troppo

sickperson

sickperson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i mainly use it for gaming

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
http://www.tomshardw...on_the_rampage/

This article (while maily about the Quad Core CPU) has fairly easy to under stand benchmark test using the recent processors (Pentium D Core 2 Duo Athlon 64), it should give you an understanding of waht you would get for you money for in: Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, Unreal Tournament 2004, Serious Sam 2, Video and Audio Encoding, Applications, and with Multitasking.