Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

software wont open and games wont work.

• Please log in to reply

user_999

user_999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i double click on some software such as limewire and powertabs editor. it doesnt open at all. i've tried reinstaling but the programme opens for a few minutes then closes itself. after that it returns to the previous problem of not opening at all.

another problem is with a few games, all of a sudden they just stopped working, again i tried reinstalling with no prevail. the games that wont play are oblivion and warlords battlecry 3.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
mention 'Limewire' and most people in the know would immediately associate it with viruses. It has to be a possibility, and you need to investigate that possibility before looking elsewhere.

make sure your AV is bang up to date and do a thorough scan of your system, deleting any it finds.

You then need to follow that up with a system scan using 'HijackThis', as getting rid of viruses is only half the battle. See the 'pinned' posts in the 'Malware' forum for advice on how to to get HijackThis, how to use it, and where to post the log-file it creates.

Malware/HijackThis forum here:
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html