Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

fault with computer screen

• Please log in to reply

davebabbage

davebabbage

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i changed over my computer screen, and i have lost all red colour in the screen. i changed the screens bak over and it was the same on the old screen. so i presume must b a problem with my computer, however all my programmes are working fine and hav not had any error messages appear. i hav tried changing all the settings on the screen but makes no differenece. please can someone help me!!!!??!

dave

Edited by davebabbage, 12 February 2007 - 10:17 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
First I would suggest that you try another monitor with your machine or try your monitor on another machine, a very simple test which will tell you whether the problem is in the monitor or the computer. If the problem is in the computer right click on the desktop and choose Properties and then Settings. If there is an Advanced button check those settings. They vary a great deal depending on the video device and drivers. If you don't fix the problem come back and tell us more about your system and we'll try to help you.