Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Access Internet

• Please log in to reply

TheMainEvent2315

TheMainEvent2315

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop, and run off of wireless internet. When I turned my computer on I had a blue screen (not the fatal one) but it disappeared shortly after, and I couldn't read what it said. The computer loaded normally after that and nothing is wrong except I can't access the internet. I checked all the cables and rebooted the linksys router. I checked the LAN connection and it says there is a network cable is unplugged. Let me know any solutions or information I would need to provide. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Right-click the LAN connection and see if it has "Repair" in the menu. Select that and let it complete. I have an Icon in the lower right which I use to gain access to my wireless connection when I'm using it.

Ron

TheMainEvent2315

TheMainEvent2315

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The repair option is dimmed out. My only options are to enable/disable the connection. :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Probably it's dimmed out because it has been disabled?? :whistling: Try using the Enable selection and see if it will rebuild connection. Do you use Windows LAN setup or can you access the manufacturer's utility which will show you a lot more. I use Belkin's that came with the PCI wireless card and is installed from CD when I installed the wireless card. Was a lot easier to use than the Windows one.

Ron