Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Archlord+Ventrilo Sevre Lag Spikes

• Please log in to reply

Psycho Pigeon

Psycho Pigeon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I play an MMO called Archlord and I'm getting unplayable lag spikes when I'm ingame and on the loading screens. It happens with no other games and the only program it happens to is Ventrilo which has bad lag spikes aswell.

I assumed it was a port problem so I went into my router settings and gave all access to incoming traffic and 'opened' the ports AL requires and the problem still remains and I do not run a firewall or anti virus program.

I use a Netgear DG834G wireless router. Whenever I go in the game it messes up with my signal and reduces it dramatically then returns to normal after I exit the game. I've tried seeing if the ports were blocked but havn't found a decent port scanning site which I can rely on. I've found some but it tells me every port is blocked which is obviously not true because this problem only happens with AL and Ventrilo, my internet downloads at full speed and other games run fine.

Any help appreciated.

*edit: Just tried teamspeak and it does cut in and out alot when people are talking but its nowhere near as bad as Ventrilo gets.

Edited by Psycho Pigeon, 12 February 2007 - 03:10 PM.

Advertisements

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
This is not going to give you much help but I played in the beta and sadly that is what happens when games go FTP (free to play) servers suffer due to lack of funds. I am guessing you could have a problem with your modem/router but if everything else works I doubt it is.

What type of connect....what speed? i.e. Cable/3 meg...etc