Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card problem

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
hi i got this problem i recently had a graphics card radeon 9550 agp installed....... today my comp crashed and i had to reinstall win xp home edition i dont have a cd with the drives on it when i try to load a game i get the error invalid parematers could someone please help i am lost here thanks games where playing fine before the crash......

Advertisements

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i forgot to mention i have 2 yellow ? marks in device manager named.....video controller......video controller video compatible

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
sorry video controller vga compatible

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hi ongoing :whistling:

Make sure these are your current drivers. This should fix your problem.

https://a248.e.akama...xp_dd_40211.exe

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i got 2 downloads one is catalyst software suite v7.1 package includes display driver......catalyst control center...wdm drivers........second is display drivers only i dont know which one

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You can install the catalyst if you want, but Let's see if the drivers only will work

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
things are working so far seems they where the right drives thank you i appreciate your help only thing is my game is freezing and stalling in some parts .........its mark of chaos i guess it takes so much to run this game thats why its stalling

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah I was looking at the specs for the game.. It does ask for A LOT of high hardware.