Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

case lighting

• Please log in to reply

Gibby

Gibby

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I just got a new computer and it's only a dell but it has a hole vent pattern on the side and i would like to put some type of lighting in the case so i can have it lit up inside and have that nice glow. Would a cold cathode light be better or some LED strip? I also dont know what they involve in installation such as how do i fasten it to the case and how it's connected to power.

-Thank you.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to GTG
Myself I like the cold cathode light the plug into the 4pin power like your hard drive and cdroms they mount with velco all will come with the lights make sure you run the blue power converter.
:tazz:

Evening_Death

Evening_Death

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Definatly cold cathode lighting :tazz:, heres what it can do with the aid of other upmarket components not installed in a manufactured computer... hehe... my system! lighting.JPG cold_cathode.JPG

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yeah here is mine using cathode lighting

My PC