Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

What the heck... laptop is acting like it has stuck keys?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am posting for an issue with my husband's laptop. He has a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and recently it started acting up. If he hasn't used it in a while, it will start right up and works perfectly for an hour, sometimes more... then it starts acting up. Example: he will be using the internet just fine for a while then he will click on the address bar to go to a website and it will just start typing letters, a random pattern of I, O, and U. He will then turn off the computer and turn it back on and when it gets to the Toshiba screen it will just beep and not go any further. He has tried cleaning the keys and he popped those keys off to clean them, but it hasn't helped. He said that it doesn't look like they are stuck though. Any thoughts?

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
first off is he always connected to the internet when this happens? Also have you checked to see if the fan is spinning? is it dusty? does the laptop seem to get warm?