Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software Says Pc Needs Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

Emmalad

Emmalad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I really hope I can get help by posting this

I have just bought a new pc from Dell,

Dual core 2.3ghz
160gb
1gb ram
xp media center

My prob.

When I go to install any software like a game or anything my computer gives me the same response, it says my spec is to low to install the software and gives me the spec the software thinks my pc is, which is

windows nt 5.1 and that I should upgrade.

I dont know if this is a dual core problem but I have already returned a pc once from pc world because of this so it must be something common,

If anyone can help me fix this or knows what it is and why its doing it I would be very grateful,

has anyone experienced this problem aswell.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi Emmalad, Welcome to G2G, I sure would take it back where you got it from.
Tell them to replace it. :whistling:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you are trying to install older software, these titles are basically too stupid to realise that you're running a system far better than the minimum specs, as there comes a point where the figures wrap round to zero and start counting again. Eventually after they stop wrapping you end up with a figure that the program rejects as being low spec.

Therefore the only thing you can do is replace the titles in question with something similar and newer.