Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New ISP changed my browsers

• Please log in to reply

Joan A

Joan A

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I've recently moved to France and when the CD for my new ISP (club-internet.fr) DSL was loaded, all my browsers (IE 6.0, Mozilla 1.5.0.7, Netscape 7.2) are in French :whistling: and have Club-Internet in the very top line, along with some minor changes to the toolbars. Is there anyway to undo this? I've been told now that I'm actually hooked up with WIFI, I can delete the club-internet software.

I have this problem on both Win XP Pro/SP2 and Win98SE.

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Joan A,

Well if worse comes to worse and you can't undo it you just might use it as a 'Learning Tool' to help you learn French.

Hope you get it worked out though.

Wendy

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

http://help.expedien...ebranding.shtml is one to get it out of IE

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More than likely you will not be able to use the english version of IE in France. All the webpages that originate from that country will be in the french language.

SRX660

Joan A

Joan A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

More than likely you will not be able to use the english version of IE in France. All the webpages that originate from that country will be in the french language.

SRX660

Actually that's not true :whistling: , I got all English pages before the branding.

I'm upset that the pages were branded without my say so. Plus, when I use my Google bookmark, it automatically goes to the French Google. I've even tried to put it in manually for the US one and that also goes to the French page. And I've tried to reset my home page, but it too gets redirected.

silverbeard - You're a genius, thanks. It worked for IE, which is the browser I hardly ever use. Now how do I get rid of branding for Mozilla and Netscape?

Wendy - of course you're right, but it's so much easier and faster to read it in English. I'm slowly starting to use French pages for some things.