Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking help

• Please log in to reply

RacrBilly

RacrBilly

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well I am working on the computers at this Vet Clinic that I work at. The person before me "upgraded" the entire system but like two computers. So out of the 6 computers and 1 server the Server is a Dell with Windows 2000 Server and four computers are dells with XP on them one is an old HP with 2000 professional on it and the last one is an old E machines with XP on it. All of the computers are connected to a 10/100/1000 hub. So the last person must have setup the computers with some sort of "auto-connect" thing. All of the computers are running a computer called AviMark. It is only installed on the Server so all of the computers connect to the Server and have a shortcut to AviMark on the server. Well, most of the time when you open AviMark there is no password required. But others it tells you to log in to the Server using the Server's user name and password. Is there a way I can get rid of that. So it does not require a password to connect and if I map the network drive will just connect with no interruption. Some of the people working there are not very computer savvy so the less amount of boxes that pop up the better.

If you do not understand this I will try and make it clearer. Or if you need more information I could give you that too. Or if you have any suggestions as how to make this network more reliable then feel free to give advise. There is a lot that I want to fix but this is first.
Thanks,
Bill

Advertisements