Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shared files crash system

• Please log in to reply

lemmenade

lemmenade

• Pip
  • 1 posts
yesterday i was downloading files from limewire and had a system crash now i cant get into my shared files i've ran scans and they crash when they get to the file my anti-virus dose not detect a virus how can i get in the file that everytime i click on it it crashes my system also my windows media play wont work because of this problem PLEASE if any one can help HELP!!!!

Advertisements

oceanrider

oceanrider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Lem
Lime wire is tricky,open lime wire go to its library and click shared file open it and say stop
sharing. you most likely have it being shared.becareful using lime wire as people can take right down to dll's from your computer. you might also try clicking on shared folder and copy it to differant location.
oceanrider

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
This more than likely sounds like a malware problem - possibly a malware infection, or malware could also possibly have corrupted files in your Shared space. I advise you to download and run a HiJackThis scan and post a log of it in the Malware section. You can download the program here:

http://www.majorgeek...wnload3155.html

oceanrider

oceanrider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Sider-man
Thank-you ever so much for your help.it turns out it was a setting in the share part of E drive but just in case i will do as you recommend and down load hijack this and run it and post it for you.
Thank-You for all your Help,it pointed me in right direction, and I'm glad I spent a week getting to this site,its great. And I will be active here for sure.
oceanrider :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
welcome to geekstogo
the problem here is that this site does not help people with P2Ps so the moment one removes the malware from the system the P2P only leaves one open to reinfection since a P2P leaves your ports open

anyway try the malware removal section on this site, please go though the steps mentioned in the below link, the link will then explain what to do after that
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html