Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Firewall is Blocking everything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't download anything because of some type of firewall. I tried to download yahoo and it says can't because of a firewall. I have turned the firewall completely off and it still does the same thing. Another thing that the firewall is blocking is my limewire, i purchased it and everything, i put in my credit card info and it said downloaded then when i went to open it up and started download songs it stated a firewall was blocking but the firewall is completely turned off. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS!!!!!

Edited by lovely0104, 13 February 2007 - 07:56 PM.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
sorry, this site does not help people with their P2P, limewire would open ports allowing malware in. having said this there is often a little yellow bar that appears under the address bar asking if you accept the download, I remember I could not install stuff till I clicked OK on that bar, perhaps that is what is causing it.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It is against the ToS of GeeksToGo to help with problems relating to Peer-2-Peer software. As such I am closing this topic.