Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pioneer DVR not writing properly

• Please log in to reply

wen15

wen15

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just installed my pioneer DVR-710 last night and when I did a DVD/CD speed check with NERO software, the burner was reading at 1.52X, it is supposed to be reading at somewhere around 16X. If anybody could tell me a simple fix to this it would be great.

~Dan

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Reading speeds are hypothetical maximums that are rarely achieved and are heavily dependent on the media you use. Therefore if the computer is busy doing dozens of other things (such as antivirus, for example), it'll have less time to devote to your speed check. This is more often the case with older systems. Also if you use media that the drive doesn't like, it'll spend all its time trying to read it.