Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to run another program automaticaly when

• Please log in to reply

Tim'A

Tim'A

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Ok, I have several email/Gmail accounts and I need to get a program to automaticaly open and close with outlook2007.
The program I need to run is called YPOPS!

YPOPS! is a freeware program to change your yahoo mail into POP3 mail or whatever.

I dont want to have YPOPS! open all the time, only when I need it.

Any suggestions???

(not 2 complicated im kinda a n00b @ all this)

Advertisements

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Are you wanting to access your yahoo email account from OutLook without running this YPOPS program?

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i dont know if outlook 2007 is capable of accessing yahoo's free email accounts
i no outlook 2003 wasnt

but if i could get my yahoo email through outlook2007, without ypops!, that would be great

if not then i need a way for ypops to automaticaly open and close when outlook opens and closes.

(ex. i open outlook, ypops opens. i close outlook, ypops closes)

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Do you know how to set up the accounts in Outlook to access you yahoo email??

Such as the POP3 Address / SMTP Address?

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
kind of
(just know how to use the add new account wizzard)

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Have you tried adding a new account in Outlook 2007?

Heres a guide:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465 use authentication.)

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., [email protected])

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Edited by BARROS, 14 February 2007 - 05:00 PM.

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
will try and post response.

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I was reading that yahoo email accounts from America, China and some other countries require that you have Yahoo! Mail Plus to be able to access POP3 Sending and Forwarding...

Are you situated in America?

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i tried and it said it successfully added the account.
BUT when i try to send/recieve, it keeps saying that I have to enter my name and pass.

I do and it goes away.

then about 1/2 a sec. later the same screen comes back.

i no its correct, i typed it in by hand a couple times too

HeLP!!!

(view scrn. shot

Attached Thumbnails

• Send_Recieve.JPG

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
hmm...are you in America ?

Advertisements

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
yes.

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
That might be how it aint lettin you do it. American accounts require Yahoo Mail Plus to use the POP3 features...its unfair aint it?

Im sure there is a way to tell outlook express to open YPOPS when it opens and closes when it closes but that would involve some registry changes i would imagine...

Edited by BARROS, 14 February 2007 - 05:37 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Im sure there is a way to tell outlook express to open YPOPS when it opens and closes when it closes but that would involve some registry changes i would imagine...

well....you could write a batch file taht will open outlook and ypops at the same time by clicking it...but you'd have to close them seperately on your own

right click on your desktop and choose "new" then choose "text file" name the file something easy like "open email"

now you need to find two files...the EXE for outlook and the exe for ypops

right click on the shortcut for outlook and choose properties then copy everything in the "target" section into the text file you created
now do the same for ypops

then change the file extension on the text file to .bat instead of .txt...if you don't know how to change the file extension...let us know

once you get it as a .bat file...you double click that file...and ypops and outlook will open

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

well....you could write a batch file taht will open outlook and ypops at the same time by clicking it...but you'd have to close them seperately on your own

right click on your desktop and choose "new" then choose "text file" name the file something easy like "open email"

now you need to find two files...the EXE for outlook and the exe for ypops

right click on the shortcut for outlook and choose properties then copy everything in the "target" section into the text file you created
now do the same for ypops

then change the file extension on the text file to .bat instead of .txt...if you don't know how to change the file extension...let us know

once you get it as a .bat file...you double click that file...and ypops and outlook will open

Yea, thats what I was meaning lol :whistling:

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i thought i knew how to change the file type but i guess i did somthing worng,
whenever i try to run it, it flahes a Comand Prompt window for about 1/100th of a second and does nothing.
(this usualy only happens when I do somthing worng)

o yea, in the text doc. was I supposed to have both program loacations on the same line or put 1 above the other one.

(ex. C:/blah/blah/blah/outlook.exe
C:/blaah/blah/ypops.exe

or have both on same line

C:/blah/blah/blah/outlook.exeC:/blaah/blah/ypops.exe)