Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTLDR

• Please log in to reply

Scrilla

Scrilla

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok... so my motherboard dies on my old computer. I replace it and my GFX card. Upon trying to boot my computer I got some error about NTLDR. Hunted around on the net for 8 hours, and finally gave up and reinstalled windows. After I have windows installed and can see the desktop, I install my mobo CD and it prompts me to restart, and I do so. After reboot, the SAME MESSAGE APPEARS AGAIN!

So i figured... format my C:\ drive and reinstall again. SAME [bleep] results! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
This should help.

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Found that exact site myself. Made the .iso and booted from the disc. After selecting "1st TRY THIS" it went to the windows boot screen "Start Windows Normally" ect. Windows starts to load and BAM auto restart. How after formatting my C:\ drive do i still get this error? Doesn't make sense to me.
Does my Slave HDD have anything to do with it?

Please help!

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Is this HDD set to primary?