Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

false system alert/Malware/Adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pmagnani

pmagnani

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.... I have been having problems with ad/malware horribly. (little yellow triangle with
exclamation point and blue question mark with a red circle with slash trough it) which of course
have pop-up dialogue boxes warning of threats and directing you to buy removal products/random
pop-ups.I went through your whole "before posting hijack log" section step by step and had a lot
of sucess with most of it. still have the blue question mark in taskbar with the warning. if i click on
it it goes to "antivermins" website. I am more or less wondering how to get rid of this and if you
can see if i got rid of everything else. I have my logs from all of the apps. that you recommended
trying first in separate attachments. I would really appreciate the help as I have been working on
this for hours and just want to make sure everything is 100%
thanks
Paul

p.s. oh and if you see anything else you recommend getting rid of or processes that could be
turned off or anything to speed up the computer or any advice in general I would greatly
appreciate it.

Attached File  hijackthis.txt   13.8KB   100 downloads

Attached File  Report_Scan_20070214_211337.txt   43.96KB   66 downloads

Attached File  PandaActivescan.txt   25.52KB   86 downloads

Attached File  uninstall_list.txt   6.21KB   130 downloads

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP