Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Photos on computer are wrong color

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am having two problems in viewing photos on my computer. I have an HomeXP and run a Dell Dimension 4400.

When I download photos from my camera to my PC, the photos are all dark and hardly visible. The need to be lightened up. When I download the same photos to my other two computers...all is OK.

Second problem: Whenever I copy photos from a CD or memory stick to this same computer, all of the photos have a red tinge to them. However, again, if I copy these same photos to another computer, they are just fine.

I am only having probles with photos...everything else in this computer views OK (so I don't think it's the
monitor. I have a Ultra VGA 1280 moniter (whatever that is?).

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Is it only pictures or do other applications look to be off in color? I would first hook up a different monitor to that computer to completly rule that out as an option. If that doesnt work I would check to see if your video driver or monitor has settings for color hue.

Also on a VGA monitor it is possible that the connector isnt in all the way which can cause a distortion in color.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks for the suggestion...yes, it is in the monitor. When I plugged in another monitor, everything was just fine.
The stange this is....the color on everything else seems OK. I only get this red tinge when I try to look at photos from a CD or memory stick. The color in the computer when I'm using it otherwise is OK.

I'm looking at the control panel on my monitor and I don't have the slightest idea what the knobs do. It is an older monitor and I don't have the directions anymore. I can tell that the brightness and contrast is turn to it's highest settin.

What do you suggest now...other than buy another monitor I cannot afford.

thanks,
Tim