Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

I have a problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I was reccomended here by a friend, Mazz.. Anyway. Problem is: My homepage keeps going to some search engine type page that I've never even heard of. I am sure someone, other than myself, has gone to some site and clicked on something they probably shouldn't have and now I have this problem. I've cleared my history, my internet files, my cookies, ran ad aware. I've done everything I can think of. I'll change it to the homepage I want and then it goes right back to that next time I go on!!

My ISP is Roadrunner/Broadband and I have Windows ME, if that helos any!! Please someone help me if you can!!! Thanks in advance!

Now I'm going to browse around here lol ;)

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
You have a 'hijacker', but we need more info to help you.
what is the web page url that it keeps changing back to?
check you add/remove programs for a new program that you did not install.
go to trendmicro.com and run a 'housecall' ; an online virus scan.