Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrade to home premium

• Please log in to reply

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i currently have XP SP2 on my system and have Vista Home Premium ready to install. however, i have a 200gig hard drive in my system and am barely using half of it anyway. but XP never saw the full 200gig. only 127 to be exact. i tried to update BIOS, but no luck. still only saw 127. will Vista see the whole 200gig? im thinking of just going out and buying a 100gig cause about all im going to have on here are mp3's anyway. what are your thoughts?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Do you have xp home or pro edition?

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
XP Pro SP2

EDIT:

ok so i got bored and anxious and installed Windows Vista Home Premium. I checked and i still only see 128gig out of 200gig total. not that big of a deal, but is there anything I can do to correct this if I wanted to? Also, I did the work around for the upgrade thing, and deleted the "Windows.old" folder. Am I able to delete "Windows.old.000" as well?

Edited by Shady, 17 February 2007 - 09:51 AM.