Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSO Exploit Worm Infection

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
To whom it may concern. I just received notificatiobn from my AVG Anti-Virus program of threat called MSO Exploit Worm and tried to heal it, but AVG could no handle the file, so I sent it to the virus vault, did I do right?

I then did system scan with AVG, and it detected no threats.

Is there anything that I have to do on thisl

Would Ad-Aware and S&D scan be in order.

Please advise.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Further to communication with Keith. In section dealing with AVG-Anti-Spyware, I got as far as 6. Under Reports, No choice shows for Selecting "Automatically generate report after every scan" or place to unselect "Only if threats were found"

Do I ignore and proceed?

Waynf

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Yes, the end game is to get a current HJT Log to post in the Malware Forum

Ideally you would be able to run all the programmes, just mention what you were unable to run when you post the log

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Have gotten to the point of downloading and installing Panda, but now Windows XP Firewall does not recognize AVG Anti-Vius program, and on Google, there are not logos anymore.

Even you're skins have changed.

Waynf

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Have rebooted and firewal is giving no indication of no recognizing AVG and graphics are back to normal will now download Panda as per instructions.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Results from Active-Scan Report:

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/oemji Not disinfected Windows Registry
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Restart Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tools\Restart.exe

Waynf

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
waynf...you need to follow the instructions you were given...start a thread in the malware forum about this issue....make sure you have an HJT log posted in that thread...and tell them which portions of the "start here" thread you were/weren't able to complete....we cannot help you with this issue in this forum...the malware guys CAN help you but only if you post the info they need (at LEAST the hjt log) in the malware forum

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try again wayn.....start a thread HERE with a description of your problem and that HJT log

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I was able to complete all operatons as per instructions.

Waynf