Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PROBLEMS WITH MY PRINTER

• Please log in to reply

texas tornado

texas tornado

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried to print something the other day and the printer wouldn,t work.It said I needed to install a printer(it had been installed)When I try to install it,it says print spooler service is not running.I contacted H.P.,and they said make sure print spooler is in automatic,and they gave me a site to go to to download a printer driver.I tried doing like they said,and the driver got about 1/2 downloaded,then it said error 28:unable to create shortcut.Link target file C:/WINDOWS/system 32/spool/drivers/w32x86/3/hpztbx04.exe' not found.Can someone help me.I have a Compaq comp.,with Windows XP, a H.P.Deskjet 950Thank Yoq.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Look in your list of printers if the it is still listed delete it.
unplug your printer from the computer turn it off and restart the computer.
after it finishes loading windows plug in the printer it should automaticly install the printer or at least recognize it. it should have the driver built in. If not try now to run the driver from hp.
if it does not work make shure u down loaded the correct driver.