Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

deleting old user name , account

• Please log in to reply

wsx123

wsx123

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I bought a used laptop with Windows XP home. The previous user left there account on it. I managed to log in as administrator and changed the name on the account but files keep showing up with the old user name/account. How do I get everything allocated to the new user name? No software restore cd.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Dummy me and my duplicate post lol

Edited by Fenor, 15 February 2007 - 07:22 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Instead of just renaming the account, create a new one instead and then just go and delete the old username and choose DELETE FILES when given the option. Of course back up any files from that users account before deleting it, because once it's deleted the files are gone.

Fenor

wsx123

wsx123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts