Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleted files-Need to Find-mp3 trouble(correct place?)

• Please log in to reply

van6969

van6969

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am a desperate man.... I had my mp3 hooked up to the PC and wanted to update my music archive on the PC, so i copyied the music on the mp3, and highlighted the un-updated archive on the PC, and pressed paste, so this is going down, but then the computer lets me know memory is low, and then a error message comes up, saying "memory too low, emergency file delete" or something, and deletes alot of music files.... from the mp3!!!!! :whistling: i'm astonished, and i just want to know if i can get them back or what? help me out guys.. :help:...:blink:

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hello there.
Hm, from what I gather you don't have a backup copy of the music that was deleted from the mp3 player. You could, perhaps, download and install a Data Recovery program to scan the drive and attempt to recover any lost or deleted files - but make sure you download the correct program. Usually you'll find programs for NTFS file system drives and Fat 32 file system drives. You can check the mp3 players file system by right clicking on it in My Computer, the file system will be displayed in the 'General' tab. Good luck!

van6969

van6969

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the backup files were the non updated files, it has robably been too long since the deletion so...i guess it's a long road to remebering and finding all th music. though ill try those data recovery programs