Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Computer Gives Me A Black Screen

• Please log in to reply

nitetrain

nitetrain

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
...is what the error message says. I don't know if it's a hardware problem or a software, but I thought it was a software problem.

Here's what happened:

Monday, I restart my computer because no video files whatsoever worked past the 12 second mark and when I restarted it, less things started to work. I restarted it again and when I did, the computer would just loop the restart over and over again. I tried rebooting in safe mode which the computer let me do and I scanned, but nothing came up. I tried restoring my computer to its last known working configuration. Once that was done, it restarted and then asked me "what device would I like to boot from" after that with a blue screen behind it. After selecting every option I could (Cd Rom Drive and then Local Disk Drive), I decided not to mess with it. Today I turn it on and the computer immediately says "Enter Current Password" and I press enter because I never gave the comp a password. After doing that 2 more times, I get "Password Check Failed. Fatal Error...System Halted." with a black screen behind it. Anyone know how to fix this or have any idea?

Advertisements