Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I currently have a home PC that has a GeForce (something) with 128 MB RAM. I would like to upgrade to at least 256. But I use this on my DLP tv. So here are my guidlines:
-AGP
-least 256 RAM
-Has to have HD output

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
The Radeon X1600 Pro might be what you're looking for. Usually around £70, with 256mb memory, HD output and it's AGP.
http://www.pixmania....-256-mb-ag.html

A higher-end alternative is the X1950 card, with a price tag of usually around £110-120.

http://www.overclock...rodid=GX-071-HT

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Is there a better name over other ones. Like should I just be looking for the Radeon's?

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
This is usually down to preference - some people prefer NVidia's, others prefer Radeon's. I'm more of an NVidia guy, although I do think I'll be going with one of the new DirectX10 Radeon cards when they come out.
I guess it all really does come down to your own preference and how much you've got to spend.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Thanks for the info.