Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Data CDs

• Please log in to reply

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Greetings! :blink: I am a newby to this forum. I have been using my CDRW drive for a number of years, only
backing up Data folders and files using CDRW Disks formatted for Direct CD. My grandkids have made extensive use of my drive burning CDRs with Easy CD Creator. I have now decided to backup my Data
files on CDR Disks using EasyCD creator and Multi-sessions. All is well and goes as expected when burning
the first session. When I move data folder(s) or files(s) into the CD Layout for burning additional sessions all
of the stuff already burned to the disk previously also shows up in the CD Layout. This causes me to be
confused. :whistling: Is this normal? This may be a very important part of the program that I am not yet
familiar with? I hope that it does not reburn all of stuff that was burned previously. I shall appreciate any
help offered in this regard.
Kindest personal regards George King

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nothing unusual

Some programmes update any changes to files and folders since burning

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Keith!! Many, many thanks for such a quick reply. I think you may have answered much more than I was asking. Do you mean that if I were to add (edit) something to a file in one of the folders already burned to that CDR disk, that file only, would be reburned in that folder?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nero does that

It is also showing the same information as if you had loaded it to see what was on the disc

Boygeorge

Boygeorge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Keith!! I hereby SECOND my previous thanks. You have helped me a great deal. Kindest personal regards, George King