1st, here is my main circuit board (i used Belarc Advisor to know)
Board: Intel Corporation D845GLLY AAA86719-204
Serial Number: ABLY23962662
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. LY84510A.86A.0011.P05.0206051658 06/05/2002
so i have
254 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'J6G1' has 128 MB
Slot 'J6G2' has 128 MB
and i want to upgrade my RAM's to 512 MB ...
i need to know if that is possible....
and could someone plz explain to me what is meant by this : (taken from intel site)
System Memory Features
The D845GLLY board provide the following memory features:
* Two DIMM sockets supporting 3.3 V (only) 168-pin 133 MHz Single Data Rate (SDR) SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
* Unbuffered non-ECC DIMMs only
* Maximum total system memory: 2 GB; minimum total system memory: 64 MB
* Serial Presence Detect (SPD) DIMMs only
* Suspend to RAM
Do not use ECC DIMMs with the Desktop Board. Using ECC DIMMs could damage the Desktop Board.
* Registered DIMMs are not supported on the Desktop Board.
* This Desktop Board has been designed to support DIMMs based on 512 Mbit technology for a maximum onboard capacity of up to 2 GB, but this technology has not been validated on this board.
thanks for your help